top of page

Spec Miata Wrap

I wanted to share my latest vinyl wrap project.  I have done a few helmets, but this was my first stab at a car, a project I have been itching to perform for awhile.  Unfortunately for this project, I was in a serious time-crunch getting ready for NASA's season opener at MSR-H, so I didn’t have time to create an original design, so I ripped one instead.  Ssssshhhh, be very quiet.  That aside, the car has been fun project and I am happy with the results so far.  I used knife-less line tape, which is so much fun to work with and works great on cars.  Helmets, not so much, as helmet designs are simply too small in scale.  Wrapping a car is time consuming and not to mention the logistical challenges of having a place to work on a full-size car.   Another challenge with wrapping a car is that with large vinyl panels you could really use more than two hands.

This is a partial wrap, as my intent was to leave the lower body panel in the factory black, so that I can hide blemishes with a rattle can when someone decides to "rub" me.  

The decals arrived just in time, so they went on and really brought the design together.  I have to give a shout out to Robb at Chameleon Wraps for printing the decals in such short notice.  I forgot to include a few decals in the run, but that will have to wait until after the season opening race.  In the mean time let me know what you think of the final results.

bottom of page